Clan O’Donovan Virtual Gathering – June 2021
Share your Story with other O’Donovans!
Though we’re not yet able to gather in person to celebrate our O’Donovan heritage, you are invited to join O’Donovans worldwide for a Virtual Clan Gathering from 6-12 June, 2021.
The purpose of the Virtual Gathering is to emulate the spirit of fellowship and connection that an in-person Gathering would provide: O’Donovans meeting and getting to know each other informally; building bonds that will carry forward to a future Gathering in Ireland.
Details of the Virtual Gathering:
- When: The event will take place over the week of 6-12 June, 2021, and is free to all.
- What: A weeklong Virtual Celebration of O’Donovans Worldwide.
- Who: Any member of an O’Donovan Facebook group, or subscriber to the O’Donovan Gathering Mailing List can share a story.
- How: It’s simple!
- Think of an aspect of your life as an O’Donovan that you’d like to share with our extended Family. Examples: “A Day in the Life of my City/Town/Village”, “View from my Garden”, “Memories of an Irish Childhood” “My O’Donovan Roots”. Favorite pastimes and hobbies can also be featured: golf, horses, knitting, genealogy – whatever inspires you that you’re comfortable sharing.
- Create a simple phone video, gather some family photos into a photo essay, or share a written memoir about a favorite family member. Create a short ‘snapshot’ to post: a Video (2-3 minutes in length), Powerpoint show (in presentation mode, 2-3 minutes), Photo Essay or a Written Memoir (2000 words or less).
- Share your creation with all of us during the week of 6-12 June, 2021. You can share a video to the O’Donovan Gathering Facebook page or submit it for upload to the newly-created O’Donovan Gathering YouTube Channel. Email us a personal or photo essay (in PDF form) or a Powerpoint slideshow (in PPS mode) for inclusion on the O’Donovan Gathering website. Or share a link to a YouTube video you’ve already created, that would be of interest to the O’Donovan clan.
- Links and reference information will be posted on the O’Donovan Gathering Facebook page, O’Donovan ProBoards discussion group, and on the O’Donovan Gathering website.